logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] mkgmap index rev. 1809

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Tue Feb 1 22:01:14 GMT 2011

Hi

>> I am going to have to have a look at your complete map to sort this
>> one out.
> Well the Bahnhofsstrasse crashes since quite a few time (I am not sure
> if I ever managed to find it using the index branch). It never crashed
> with rev 1760.
> It also crashes with current rev. 1811 (which surprisingly outputs a
> smaller map in MB than rev 1809). The error at the bottom of the crash
> report is: "Error finding map in index file".

Yes, but the message doesn't really help as it could be anything.

I did have one idea though, the mdx section is bound to need sorting.

Of the ones that you sent me the one marked 'working' looked bad to me
and had extra zero entry at the end. The 'bad' one looked fine. On the
off chance that they were mis-labelled I've put in code to detect zero
entries and throw an error.

..Steve