logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] problem with --generate-sea near Toronto, Canada

From Ben Konrath ben at bagu.org on Mon Jan 31 22:22:44 GMT 2011

Hi Charlie,

On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 8:35 AM,  <charlie at cferrero.net> wrote:
> Sorry, can't help with your problem, but can you explain what
> --ignore-unnamed-areas is?  I can't find any reference to it elsewhere.

That's a custom patch I include with the version of mkmap that I use.
It doesn't add a POI for areas that don't have a name. I'd be happy to
share the patch if you're interested. I haven't posted it because it's
kind of a hack but it works.

I guess a better solution would be to make it an option to
--add-poi-to-area but, as a bunch of people have pointed out, that
functionality really needs to be reworked. I've thought doing it a
couple of times but sadly I don't have a lot of extra time these days.
I did, however, post a couple of updates to the original patch a while
ago but I'm not sure if those were integrated. (I think anyway, it was
a while ago)

Cheers, Ben