logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] problem with --generate-sea near Toronto, Canada

From WanMil wmgcnfg at web.de on Sun Jan 30 20:47:47 GMT 2011

Hi Ben,

the generate-sea algorithm sometimes floods the land in case there is a
gap in the coastline data.

There are several generate-sea options to fix these gaps. I recommend to
have a closer look at:
* close-gaps=NUM Close gaps in coastline that are less than this
distance (metres). Common values are between 500 and 6000.
* floodblocker The floodblocker is a kind of rescue system that detects
if land area is flooded and removes the sea from these areas.

You get information of all options if you call mkgmap without any option:
java -jar mkgmap.jar

WanMil