logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Improved street search in index branch

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Tue Jan 25 21:22:11 GMT 2011

On 22/01/11 10:57, WanMil wrote:
> I compared the MDR5 code to the cpreview code.
>
> There is a unique flag for each city (0x800000). cpreview clears this
> flag if the previous region and city name are equal. The index branch
> checks for equality of map index and city name.
> I tried to change that but all I got was some new exceptions in MapSource.
>
> Steve: Did you also play with this flag?

Strangely I came across a situation today where this came up.

A street was found successfully in a particular city.
However the city could not be typed into the city box on the street
search tab.

There were two cities with the same name but different regions so I
thought I might try out unsetting the flag. However it made no
difference at all. I looked at a real map and I am convinced that
the flag should be unset when the actual name is the same without regard
to map or region. On the other hand it doesn't make any difference that
I have noticed yet.

But I did find a real bug... originally I thought I would try to sort
also by region and that worked - the city could now be found in the city
field. However that was just a coincidence, I am pretty sure the real
sort criteria is on the localCityIndex.

I've checked in those changes.

..Steve