logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Splitting osm.pbf (Re: How to solve/debug weird problem)

From Johannes Formann johannes at formann.de on Sat Jan 22 23:15:27 GMT 2011

Marko Mäkelä <marko.makela at iki.fi> wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 22, 2011 at 07:08:50PM +0100, Johannes Formann wrote:
> >> Unrelated to this mkgmap bug (or insufficient diagnostics), is there
> >> a reason why you are still using the osm.bz2 input? The osm.pbf is
> >> more compact and can be split quicker.
> >
> >Just tried it again, but got an exception:
>
> As far as I understand, the osm.pbf input support is still not in the
> splitter trunk archive. It is in
> https://svn.mkgmap.org.uk/svn/splitter/branches/crosby_integration but
> unfortunately not all dependencies are included. I use the package that
> Steve created: http://files.mkgmap.org.uk/download/6/splitter-r161.zip

I just tested that version of the splitter without contourdata, and it
seams to run without obvious problems like before. (Except one/two
smaller one, but I'll think they are style related)

So I'll have to take a look at the contourdata, they are "inherited" and
were created before srtm2osm was avaiable.
(perhaps creating new one might be the easiest solution).

greetings

Johannes