logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] splitter problem was: Re: How to solve/debug weird problem

From Johannes Formann johannes at formann.de on Sat Jan 22 16:46:56 GMT 2011

WanMil <wmgcnfg at web.de> wrote:

> I have opened the tile with JOSM and there seem to be tons of bad
> polygons in it. The selected rel polygon is the way 92916925 and should
> look like http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/92916925.
> So no matter if mkgmap behaves correct the maps generated from such
> tiles will not be the ones you like to have. Please have a look how you
> split the tiles.

ok, I understand: "garbage in, garbage out".

I'm using the spliter from http://svn.mkgmap.org.uk/splitter/trunk/
without patches.
The given arguments are:
'-Xms256m'
'-Xmx2560m'
'-jar'
'splitter.jar'
'--resolution=14'
'--mapid=59420001'
'--max-nodes=1200000'
'--max-threads=1'
'--overlap=4000'
'--write-kml=areas.kml'
'--cache=/home/osm/build/cache'
'--geonames-file=/home/osm/radkarte/cities1000.zip'
'/home/osm/build/germany.osm.bz2'
'/home/osm/radkarte/contourdata.osm.gz'

Where should I start, my Ideas would be throwing out the countourdata,
geonames?

greetings

Johannes