logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Improved street search in index branch

From Johann Gail johann.gail at gmx.de on Sat Jan 22 10:27:23 GMT 2011

Carlos Dávila schrieb:
> These are my results with index_branch r1792
>

>     1 tile map
>     2 tiles map
>     9 tiles map
> *POI search*
>     Yes
>     Yes
>     Yes
> *Cities*
> Accented characters
>     Yes
>     Yes     Yes
> Existing city
>     Yes (3)
>     Yes (3)
>     Yes (3)
> Existing region
>     Yes (1)
>     Yes (1)
>     Yes (1)
> Existing country
>     Yes
>     Yes
>     Yes
> Combinations of city, region, country
>     Yes (1)     Yes (1)     Yes
> *Streets*
> Existing street+city
>     Yes
>     Yes (2)     Yes (2)
> Non existing street+city
>     Yes     Yes (2)     Yes (2)
> Only street
>     Yes     Yes (2)     Yes (2)
> *Send to device
> *
>
>     Yes

Indeed very impressing statistics :-D
> (1) Only places tagged in the form is_in=province,region,country.
> Those with complete is_in:province, is_in:region, is_in:country
> tagging are not found.
I think this should be solvable. The parsing code is not a unknown piece.
> (2) Missing all streets beginning by "Calle" before "Calle Real ..."
 From my stomach I get the idea, that this could be caused by the blank
character. Could you give it a try with osm data, in which all
occurences of "Calle " are search and replaced by "Calle" without
blanks? Maybe it is a problem with the sorting, so binary search does
not work correctly. Maybe the blanks should be sorted on the opposite
end to the characters (after/before the chars).

Another idea is, that there are to much streets beginning with the
character combination "Calle ". Maybe there is some overflow in internal
structures if there are more than 1024 (256, 4096, 2^16 ...?) labels
beginning with the same characters, which would need some extra
handling. Is it possible for you to do a quick grep on the osm files,
how much occurences of "Calle " are there contained?