logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Improved street search in index branch

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at gmail.com on Fri Jan 21 14:17:51 GMT 2011

On 21.01.2011 15:12, charlie at cferrero.net wrote:
> Minko (ligfietser at online.nl) wrote:
>
> [snip]
>> Note that I don't put the line "mapname: 10010101.img"
>> in the line above with "description: contourmap"
>> because this causes that the contours dont show up in Mapsource.
>> If I leave mapname etc out, it shows the contourlines.
>>
> No way! Is this why I can't get contour lines to display in MapSource
> (even though I know they're there because I can see the contour
> elevation labels)???  I'd given up on ever getting contours to work
> properly in MapSource.  Prize for obscurest workaround of the year so
> far if this works. ;)

Highly off topic:
1. Check: Countourlines have to have exactly the same resolution as
normal maps (if normal maps 24,22,20,18 countourline maps have to be
24,22,20 (you can skip the 18) - if normal maps are 24,23,22,21,20 then
well, your contourline maps need to be also 24,23,22,21,20 - as soon as
you leave out a resolution they won't be displayed anymore)
2. Contourline maps have to have higher mapname.

--- both is irrelevant if you use basecamp or on GPS, which always shows
contourlines if inside same tdb. Problem is 1, in general contourlines
work better if you have 23,21,20 as levels on GPS or for Qlandkarte GT.
DEM3 data, is not good enough resolution to justify the 2x space /
render requirements of res 23.)