logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Index with very small maps

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Fri Jan 21 12:00:13 GMT 2011

Hi

It now looks like very small maps work well with the index.

By very small I mean index size below 1M and by 'work' these are the
things I am testing:

* city by name

* poi by name

* streets by name
* streets by name,city

This is all with a UK extract so there are no accented characters (or
not many anyway), so I would be glad if someone could test them.

The only options that I am using are:

--tdbfile --index --family-id=870 --latin1 --route --remove-short-arcs

If there are any more bugs to be seen on small map sets then let me
know. I am going to start with larger maps sizes until something
breaks.

..Steve