logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] How does cgpsmapper / cpreview work

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Wed Jan 19 22:13:04 GMT 2011

Hi

Here is what I have done with cpreview.

I have managed to compile it on Linux.  I could not get it to work
when compiled for 64 bits, so I had to compile it for 32 bits.

It runs against mkgmap compiled .img files (that are created on the
index branch - I had to make a small change to work around a cpreview
crash).

You need to give the -i flag to cpreview so that it does not need the
.idx files.

Then I get a mdr file that looks reasonable. However it just does not
work - it is not recognised by mapsource and doesn't activate the
search button.

However since I have never used cgpsmapper, I might just be using it
wrong.  I will read your link!

..Steve