logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] How does cgpsmapper / cpreview work

From WanMil wmgcnfg at web.de on Wed Jan 19 21:36:35 GMT 2011

> Just as I don't want to post this in other threads as O.T. here seems to
> be the bext explications on how cpreview works (and why mkgmap maps are
> unsuitable for further processing to create an index using cpreview).
>
> http://pkmaps.freeforums.org/compiling-a-garmin-img-map-using-cgpsmapper-ver-95-above-t63.html
>

> As you can read, cpreview needs an idx file created by cgpsmapper (and
> cgpsmapper needs properly prepared maps by gpsmapedit, it does not have
> any "intelligent" function to create an address search from scratch as
> does mkgmap). We cannot use cpreview on osm map data for address search.
>
> The only thing I could image for testing is asking Malsingmaps authours
> or someone else if he could give us both a proper mp ready to be handled
> by cgpsmapper professional version, and the finished outcome. Maybe on
> could use mapcenter2 for this too ( if we had a proper mp to start with).

Thanks Felix,

I was also wondering how the cpreview tool might be used. But your
investigation answered my questions.

Did someone try the free cgpsmapper 0100 version? I think it does not
create the .idx file?

I tried to create mp files by running osm2mp. I installed it on Ubuntu
but I got several perl errors...

WanMil