logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] How does cgpsmapper / cpreview work

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at gmail.com on Wed Jan 19 20:49:39 GMT 2011

Just as I don't want to post this in other threads as O.T. here seems to
be the bext explications on how cpreview works (and why mkgmap maps are
unsuitable for further processing to create an index using cpreview).

http://pkmaps.freeforums.org/compiling-a-garmin-img-map-using-cgpsmapper-ver-95-above-t63.html

As you can read, cpreview needs an idx file created by cgpsmapper (and
cgpsmapper needs properly prepared maps by gpsmapedit, it does not have
any "intelligent" function to create an address search from scratch as
does mkgmap). We cannot use cpreview on osm map data for address search.

The only thing I could image for testing is asking Malsingmaps authours
or someone else if he could give us both a proper mp ready to be handled
by cgpsmapper professional version, and the finished outcome. Maybe on
could use mapcenter2 for this too ( if we had a proper mp to start with).