logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Improved street search in index branch

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Wed Jan 19 12:22:54 GMT 2011

Hi

Thanks for testing.

> On my unit (Nuvi200W) the problem remains the same (as reported before
> by other people):
>   Address search is not available, as the unit requests the
> state/province i.s.o. country, and refuse any input, or rather does not

Yes I am not expecting any change here yet. I have an idea of what to
do next, but will not be able to code it for a couple of days.

> The only other difference I've noticed is that I can not find streets in
> POI search as I switched road-name-pois off to test address search.
> Please never get rid of this option, until all units have proper address
> search. It is a life saver -- a map where you cannot find a street is
> useless.

Thats true, and it is not going to be removed.  For testing however,
it is an unnessary complication when combined with the index.

..Steve