logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Improved street search in index branch

From Ronny Klier ronny.klier at s1999.tu-chemnitz.de on Tue Jan 18 21:08:23 GMT 2011

Am 18.01.2011 20:10, schrieb Johann Gail:
> Has anyone dared to look into the cpreview code?
>
> http://cgpsmapper.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/cgpsmapper/cgpsmapper/cpreview/mdr_creator.cpp?revision=4&view=markup
>
> There seems the structure of the bits be very well decoded.

I had some looks at the code, especially on MDRSection7, which is
important for street search. And, yes, there are some more fields
decoded. But most of the comments are in polish, so it's very hard (at
least for me) to unterstand what those fields are used for and where to
get the required data.

In MDR7 cpreview has 2 fields beside the fields documented in OSM wiki:
- nFlag (length 1 byte): Is present if flag 0x20 is set. The comment was
something like "first letter for sort".
- xFlag (length 1 or 2 byte): This field depends on flag 0x40 and 0x80.
With the first set the length is 1, with the second 2. I found that in a
real garmin map both flags are set and there is enough space so also a
length of 3 bytes seems to be possible. In the cpreview code some
possible values are documented but I don't understand their meaning.