logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] elevation contours, wrong values

From Henning Scholland osm at aighes.de on Tue Jan 18 20:17:54 GMT 2011

Hi

I have an problem with the values of my elevation contours.
They where created by srtm2osm. After processing them with mkgmap, I
opened the resulting map with MapSource, but the values are to little by
factor ~3.3. The ele-values were retagged to name.

I think MapSource or mkgmap take my metric values as foot-values and
transfer them to metric system. After splitter the values where correct
in metric system.

Is this a mkgmap-bug or is it a Garmin-thing and I have to input
foot-values?

Greets,
Henning