logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Improved street search in index branch

From Carlos Dávila cdavilam at orangecorreo.es on Tue Jan 18 09:16:48 GMT 2011

El 17/01/11 22:19, WanMil escribió:
> Steve,
>
> I started with systematic testing and want to publish my first
> intermediate results.
>
> My mkgmap parameters:
> latin1
> series-name=MkgmapIndex
> family-name=MkgmapTest
> remove-short-arcs
> make-poi-index
> net
> route
> tdbfile
> nsis
>
> MapSource version 6.16.3 Windows 7
>
> Here are the problems I discovered:
>
> 1 tile:
> Search dialog crashes Mapsource immediately
>
> 2 tiles:
> POI search:
> - always shows exception but Mapsource does not crash
>
> Find cities:
> - Entering non existent letter in city field crashes Mapsource
> - Search only for existing region shows exception
> - Search only for existing country shows exception
> - Search for existing region and country shows exception
> - Only searches where the city field is supplied with an existing city
> are ok
>
> Find streets:
> - Existing and non existing street / city combination shows message
> (something like "Combination not supported by this product")
>

> So far so good. As a summary all searches with a city name not contained
> in the map have problems. So maybe it's good to start having a look at
> the city section?!
>
> WanMil

These are the results of my tests:
mkgmap options:
--route --tdbfile --latin1 --code-page=1252 --gmapsupp
--series-name="OSM-España-index" --index --remove-short-arcs
--make-poi-index --add-pois-to-areas --link-pois-to-ways
--location-autofill=0

1 tile
Search dialog *doesn't* crash
POI search: always shows exception but Mapsource does not crash
Find cities:
- Entering non existent letter in city field *doesn't* crash Mapsource
- Search only for existing region shows exception
- Search only for existing country shows exception
- Search for existing region and country shows exception
- Searches where the city field is supplied with an existing city are
OK, but they miss region information (eg Huelva, ESP instead of Huelva,
Andalucía, ESP as I get with mkgmap-trunk)
- Searching for existing city+region doesn't find anything (no exception)
- Searching for existing city+country works fine
Find streets:
- Existing and non existing street / city combination searches *work fine*
- Searching for "Calle Ollerias" (missing Calle Ollerías in Select
street dialog) finds "Calle Ollerias, Fuengirola,ESP"+"Calle Ollerías,
Malaga, ESP"
- Searching for accented characters and ñ works finds the streets, but
when you type the special character in the street field (same in cities
field) it is treated as the equivalent unaccented one.
Download to device (SD Card) works fine

9 tiles
Almost the same results than 1 tile. The first difference found is that
there are a lot of missing streets. For example, "Calle Ollerías" cited
above is missing. One question regarding this is how can I "save the
index and record results against it"?
Second difference is that sending the map to SD fails. Is it useful to
send you MapSource fail report?