logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] mult- language in style files

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Mon Jan 17 10:44:50 GMT 2011

On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 11:24:24AM +0100, Minko wrote:
>My Benelux maps are used by Dutch, German and French native speakers
>
>Since I'm not able to offer 3 different maps, is there a way to set the
>default_name in different languages, like
>default_name:eng="soccerfield"; default_name:nl="voetbalveld" etc I
>have tried this but that didnt work. Is it possible by some kind of
>regular expression?

As far as I understand, the Garmin map format does not support multiple
languages. You have to select the name at map compilation time.

My understanding is that only for unnamed objects, you can set default
names in different languages in the TYP file.

Have you tried removing the default_name altogether and going the TYP
route?

A 'quick&dirty' approach could be to add all languages to the default_name,
e.g., default_name='Soccer Fußball Voetbal' (just to give an example;
I do not know the French word).

Best regards,

	Marko