logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] How to solve/debug weird problem

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Mon Jan 17 09:54:44 GMT 2011

Hi

>     [apply] SEVERE (Polyline): /home/osm/build/59420066.osm.gz:   deltaLong = -32818
>     [apply] java.lang.AssertionError: deltaLong = 36103
>     [apply]      at uk.me.parabola.imgfmt.app.trergn.MapObject.setDeltaLong(MapObject.java:139)

Thanks.  It is saying that there is a very large distance between two
points.

So it is either in the data like that, or the stray line is caused by
a bug in mkgmap or the patch you are using.

If it is in the data (and the fact that the problem suddenly appeared
points that way) it would be best to fix the data.

If it is a mkgmap bug then we will need more information.  Does it
happen with unpatched mkgmap? With just the basic options?

Failing that, we will need to obtain the file that causes the problem.

Regards,
..Steve