logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] How to solve/debug weird problem

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Thu Jan 13 20:55:36 GMT 2011

Hello

I kind of recognise the symptoms, but the cause could be just about
anything.

>      [apply] SEVERE (Polyline): /home/osm/build/59420066.osm.gz: Problem
> writing line (class uk.me.parabola.imgfmt.app.trergn.Polyline) of type
> 0x10a0c containing 2 points and starting at
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/?mlat=49.18023&mlon=12.08496&zoom=17

I think this error is appropriate, except that the real error has been
caught in order to print the error message, so hiding the real error.

If you could apply the attached patch and run the same thing you should
get a better error to send me.

Alternatively it might be obvious by looking at the url printed in the
messages if the problem is in the data - look for road with very long
segments or something obviously wrong with them.

..Steve