logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Improved street search in index branch

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at gmail.com on Wed Jan 12 23:43:31 GMT 2011

On 12.01.2011 23:32, Steve Ratcliffe wrote:
> Hi
>
>> * Searching for streets works fine for me.
>> * Searching for streets and cities does not work (error message from
>> MapSource)
> Hmm it is strange; I have a map of Germany where searching for
> street+city works very well.  However I also have UK map where
> street+city does not work.
>
> So it isn't just down to accented characters.  May be the number of
> cities, streets etc.
>
> ..Steve
Before Tuesdays round of commits, the searching for street & city worked
fine (except cities with accented characters of course). Now on Austria
it is not working anymore.

In general the index branch has not yet brought forward any progress to
me. (normal branch, plus the change on accented characters, and going
back on the mdx file to version rev 1760) would be best for the moment
(though I think the current situation is two steps forward and one step
back and hopefully in general the right way...). So for the main branch
worked in 1760 and bring in the changes related to accented characters
in the city to trunk.