logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Fwd: Strange effect with --ignore-osm-bounds

From Nakor nakor.osm at gmail.com on Sun Jan 9 12:28:59 GMT 2011

On 1/9/2011 5:55 AM, Steve Ratcliffe wrote:
> The ignore-osm-bounds option really should be removed as ignoring the
> bounds is quite likely to lead to all sorts of problems. So there is
> nothing really wrong here. Why are you using the option?
>
> Regards,
>
> ..Steve

Steve,

I use it for test maps that I generate from JOSM files. In such files
there are tons of osmbounds and IIRC mkgmap only uses one of them
(first, last?) and the rest of the data gets thrown out. In that case I
use ignore-osm-bound to ensure all data is used in the map.

Thanks,

N.