logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Fwd: Strange effect with --ignore-osm-bounds

From Josef Latt Josef.Latt at gmx.net on Sun Jan 9 11:32:49 GMT 2011

Hi,

Am 09.01.2011 11:55, schrieb Steve Ratcliffe:

> Hi
>
> [I'm forwarding the message below as it didn't go out normally as the
> picture was too big. I've reduced the image size somewhat.]

Thanks.

> The ignore-osm-bounds option really should be removed as ignoring the
> bounds is quite likely to lead to all sorts of problems. So there is
> nothing really wrong here. Why are you using the option?

I tried it because of this:

'When reading OSM files, ignore any "bounds" elements.
With this option selected generate-sea sometimes works better,
but routing accross tiles will not work.'

Without this option the result generating the sea is better. With the
option there is an area with an incomplete sea polygon.

I don't use normally.

Greetings
Josef

PGP Schlüssel: 311D1055