logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Index Branch 1764

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at gmail.com on Sat Jan 8 08:42:55 GMT 2011

On 08.01.2011 09:36, Carlos Dávila wrote:
> El 08/01/11 00:10, Felix Hartmann escribió:
>>
>>> However on the good side, instead of a popping up crash notice, I
>>> get a regular (no error) pop up message: "the selected street is not
>>> valid in this map product, please select a different street".
>>>
>>> Using --code-page=1252 is still broke however for Umlauts, as the
>>> city is inside the index with an Umlaut, but the address without
>>> Umlaut. So you cannot find streets in cities (though for provinces
>>> or states Umlauts are fine now) that have an Umlaut, if you enter
>>> the city. (city without Umlaut is not accepted, and city with Umlaut
>>> will not find the address).
>> Here is a screenshot of the problem. Note Moedling on the address and
>> Mödling in the city field (city moedling cannot be entered, as it
>> does not exist): this is with --latin1 (and yes, --latin1 seems to
>> work much better than cp1252):
> In my maps I can find cities like Sigüenza and streets like Calle
> General Yagüe. I use --latin1 and --cp1252. Mapsource is 6.13.7 under
> wine.
I can do that too. But i cannot find street ABC in city Sigüenza (if I
put Sigüenza as city) - I can find street ABC without entering a city!
I can also find street ABC in province ÜÖÄ - only as you see in my
screenshot the city in the address index (but not in the city index) is
loosing the Umlauts.