logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Commit: r1771: Code spring clean.

From maning sambale emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com on Fri Jan 7 15:27:20 GMT 2011

I agree, a good workaround in the past, but should replaced eventually.
> Well road-name-pois should be removed from mkgmap alltogether IMHO. It
> overloads the POI search, and causes crashes on most gps - even when the
> map that has been built with road-name-pois is deactivated....

> And no, only old generation Garmin GPS work with the address search
> right now (and to search in other tiles than the active, workarounds are

Hope we can get this into mkgmap soon. :)
> needed). In the end as cpreview that generates a fully working address
> search for cgpsmapper produced maps is open source now, it should be
> possible to get mkgmap write correct address search too. I have not
> succeeded in using cpreview to write working mdr for mkgmap created maps
> though.

In trying to understand Garmin's search function, am I right to assume
that search works on different features of the map?  My observation is
that garmin has 3 separate search index (POIs, address/street, and
City).

POI search is OK but I have observed problems with city search.

cheers,
maning