logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] splitter is extreme slow

From dom Team OiD dom at team-oid.de on Thu Dec 23 20:46:54 GMT 2010

Hi,

since many month I'm using splitter for maps creation. Since this time,
I use the same PC, so the hardware has not changed.
I always was able to splitt the europe osm map. The splitting needed
some minutes. I didn't check it, perhaps it were 15min, but in no case
longer than 15min.
4 Days ago I started to create a new europe map, and until now the
splitter is running, the harddisk is doing anything. The splitting needs
over 75 hours and is still running.
I can't remember that I changed the version of the splitter. Has there
something changed at the osm data?
is there something new and I have to update my splitter?

Thanks,
Marco