logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Error in generation gmapsupp map (overflow?)

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Mon Dec 20 11:45:17 GMT 2010

Hello!

> I generate every week map from osm data in single file and elevation contour
> from 133 .osm files. Osm data increase in each time, elevation data in osm
> files is permanent. Yesterday i have error in generation gmapsupp map:
>
> --cut--
> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException
>          at java.nio.ByteBuffer.allocate(Unknown Source)
>          at uk.me.parabola.imgfmt.sys.Directory.sync(Directory.java:176)

Thanks for the report, it is a problem I've never seen before.

The failure is happening while creating a gmapsupp file.
Could you tell me the size of the gmapsupp.img the last time it
worked? Is it anywhere near 2G in size?

The mkgmap code will not, I think, produce a gmapsupp larger than 2G,
and, although this could be fixed I'm not sure that GPS devices
would be able to deal with it anyway - or not all of them, I don't
believe mine can even take an SD card larger than 2G.

If you are not actually using the gmapsupp.img then removing the
option will fix the crash.

..Steve