logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Configurable flood blocker

From WanMil wmgcnfg at web.de on Fri Dec 17 15:00:20 GMT 2010

> Thanks Felix,
> I tested it now with:
> extend-sea-sectors,close-gaps=6000,floodblocker,fbgap=60,fbthres=200,fbratio=0.6,land-tag=natural=background
>
> No errors and sea polygons came back, but the floodblocker blocks still too much.
> I've tried it with other fb numbers but it still gives the same picture:
>
> http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/3702/nogroningen.jpg
>
> The tested tile you can download at http://mijndev.openstreetmap.nl/~ligfietser/diverse/Test.zip

Minko,

I will download your test data and give it a try.

If you want to get detailed information what the flood blocker is doing,
you should enable an appropriate logging.
See
http://www.mail-archive.com/mkgmap-dev@lists.mkgmap.org.uk/msg02381.html
how the logging.properties file can be configured and add the line
uk.me.parabola.mkgmap.reader.osm.SeaPolygonRelation.level=INFO
to the logging.properties file.

You might also add the parameter fbdebug to the sea-generation options.
In this case the flood blocker creates GPX files for each checked
polygon and the pro blocking (highways) and the contra blocking (ferry
routes) points. Opening these files with JOSM makes it easier to
understand why the flood blocker fails.

WanMil