logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Configurable flood blocker

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at gmail.com on Tue Dec 7 16:42:01 GMT 2010

On 05.12.2010 15:48, WanMil wrote:
> I committed r1746 to the coast branch.
> The floodblocker rules which OSM elements are used to detect land and as
> sea areas can now be configured in the special style
> resources/styles/floodblocker.
> If this style marks a ways as garmin type 0x01 the way is on land
> whereas 0x02 is used for sea. Now you can configure your own rules which
> tag combinations should be used for the flood blocking algorithm.
>
> Have fun!
> WanMil

I have used it without problems, however currently all geofabrik
extracts I had used (even Australia/Oceania or Lower Saxony) worked on
the old version without problems too, while often these extracts caused
severe flooding (haven't got any broken extracts saved however)...
Also not really sure if my command line makes sense:
/generate-sea=--generate-sea=extend-sea-sectors,close-gaps=6000,floodblocker,fbgap=50,fbthres=500,fbratio=5/

(until now I have been using:
/generate-sea=--generate-sea=polygons,extend-sea-sectors,close-gaps=6000/ )

I think it is safe to commit the coast branch to trunk (and maybe
include some defaults in the help file, especially I have no clue about
a sensible fbration value), I could not note any problems.....