logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] rendering roundabouts

From Hendrik Oesterlin hendrikmail2002 at yahoo.de on Wed Dec 1 10:12:28 GMT 2010

"Minko" ligfietser at online.nl wrote on 01/12/2010 at 02:26:51 +1100
subject "[mkgmap-dev] rendering roundabouts" :

>> Hendrik Oesterlin wrote:
>> I have looked on it in JOSM. It is IMHO quite wrong data: a roundabout
>> with a node every 30cm is not really correct.

>> I have removed plenty of its nodes at it has still more then enough.

>> http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/81912267/history

>> The rendering issue is gone after the correction of the data?

> Looks a bit better but still not quite a round circle:
> http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/1677/rotonde.jpg

I think that there are no round elements in OSM nor in Garmin.

In order to display a roundabout there are several strait segments.

You seem to use a quite thin line to display your roads. I am using
bigger lines, so it is less evident to see the segments and optically
it displays smoother.

On the top (north) side of your roundabout appears a dent. I do not
know why, but I think that there are still much to many nodes to
describe this small roundabout.

--
Sincerely
Hendrik Oesterlin - email hendrikmail2002 at yahoo.de