logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] rendering roundabouts

From Hendrik Oesterlin hendrikmail2002 at yahoo.de on Tue Nov 30 12:09:30 GMT 2010

"Minko" ligfietser at online.nl wrote on 28/11/2010 at 01:31:40 +1100
subject "[mkgmap-dev] rendering roundabouts" :

> I noticed that some roundabouts are rendered very badly, like this one:
> http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/1677/rotonde.jpg

> Can I improve the rendering by changing some settings
> (reduce-point-density, merge-lines or remove-short-arcs)?
> Or is it just the way those roundabouts are mapped that causes this behaviour?

I have looked on it in JOSM. It is IMHO quite wrong data: a roundabout
with a node every 30cm is not really correct.

I have removed plenty of its nodes at it has still more then enough.

http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/81912267/history

The rendering issue is gone after the correction of the data?

--
Sincerely
Hendrik Oesterlin - email hendrikmail2002 at yahoo.de