logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Flood blocker

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at gmail.com on Sun Nov 21 12:28:21 GMT 2010

On 21.11.2010 04:47, Nakor wrote:

>>> You are right. Bridges and tunnels are already excluded. So that should
>>> be no problem.
>>>
>>> WanMil
>> Mmmh, within the next days we have to think about tuning the rules. At
>> the moment the blocker will block too much.
I also think, the best approach is to first look at the size of the sea.
Then divide the size of the sea against a rating based on a score
of attribute to each highway that falls into the sea based on a
rating. (e.g. 0 for any highway or railway with brigde=* or tunnel=*,
residential0=.5 , primary/secondary=0.3, highway=* & (sac_scale=* |
mtb:scale=*) ==1,...) ===score X. Once this division reaches a certain
factor, assume the sea is wrong. and drop it. Additionally or
alternatively look at how much area (percentage) of say forest falls
into the sea. If too much forest inside the sea, then bang, drop the
sea. I'm not sure what is quicker to calculate. Areas like forest or
certain highways (number).