logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Flood blocker

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Sun Nov 21 09:22:01 GMT 2010

On Sat, Nov 20, 2010 at 11:50:25PM +0100, WanMil wrote:
>Mmmh, within the next days we have to think about tuning the rules. At
>the moment the blocker will block too much.
>
>Example:
>http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/24442589 is tagged with
>highway=track but crosses the sea. And I think its tagging is quite ok.

Another example: ice roads. I don't know if any have been mapped on the
Baltic Sea, but several do exist across lakes in Finland. I would assume
that there are a few ice roads covering short distances between the
mainland and small islands.

I think that you should make the flood-blocking a suboption of
generate-sea.

	Marko