logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] TYP file for default mgkmap

From Minko ligfietser at online.nl on Mon Nov 15 09:00:20 GMT 2010

In order to find a good TYP file for the default mgkmap styles, I found the mapnik.TYP from Petrovsk (1) very useful.
Because some areas were not rendered very well, I modified a few things and put it here to download (2).
For instance he uses solid bitmaps for rendering areas, where transpararent bitmaps looks better.
Residential areas were rendered like campgrounds but maybe the style files are a bit different or they were changed.
I only changed a few things in the original TYP file (polygons for forests, campground->residential and farmland).
The results can be seen here (3)

I noticed there are a few things not rendered at all in the standard style:
-landuse=grass for instance
-highway=cycleway is rendered as footway etc

I would like to hear your opinion if there should be a standard TYP file (like mapnik)
or why not.

Minko

(1) http://blog.lionelmaraval.fr/post/2010/01/23/Carte-pseudo-mapnik-pour-Garmin
(2) http://mijndev.openstreetmap.nl/~ligfietser/diverse/mapnik.TYP