logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Sea generation

From NopMap ekkehart at gmx.de on Sun Nov 7 11:04:49 GMT 2010

WanMil wrote:

> I think the implementation will mostly follow the suggestions of
> Apollinaris Schoell:
> - coastline input file(s) will have OSM format
> - natural=coastline tag will be removed from all other tile data
> - the coastline data is processed by the current sea generation
> algorithms using the multipolygon algorithm
> - for each tile the resulting big multipolygon is clipped to the tile
> borders and added to the tile data
>

>From my experience, this should work. I have been processing coastlines with
a similar two-step process for a while, as "live" coastlines directly from
the data fequently are broken in several places.
- extracted all ways with coastline tags in osm format and mapped them to
new IDs outside the used ranges.
- fixed the broken areas manually in JOSM
- removed coastline tags from all other items
- mixed everything back together again for generation

bye
               Nop