logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Sea generation

From Apollinaris Schoell aschoell at gmail.com on Fri Nov 5 16:23:27 GMT 2010

this can be done easily with preprocessing.
- convert shp to osm format
- remove coastline from planet(or extract) osm input, I would just delete the coastline tag and let mkgmap drop the untagged line. In case a coastline still has other tags they are kept
- merge coastline osm file with planet osm

but then again this is a bit complex and probably easier to use a full planet or much larger extract and do a correct extraction with osmosis with option complete-ways