logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Turn restrictions apparently broken in osm.pbf

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Mon Nov 1 22:40:20 GMT 2010

On 31/10/10 20:09, Marko Mäkelä wrote:
> Hi Steve,
>
> I am seeing bogus warnings like this when processing a file in the OSM
> Protobuf format:
>
> 2010/10/31 21:17:25 WARNING (RestrictionRelation): finland.osm.pbf: Turn
> restriction http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/relation/168868 (at
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/?mlat=61.89944&mlon=27.80067&zoom=17) lacks
> 'via' node (guessing it should be at
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/?mlat=61.89854&mlon=27.80311&zoom=17, why
> don't you add it to the OSM data?)
>
> If I process the same data in the OSM XML format, I do not see these
> messages. Could it be that the RestrictionRelation handler is picky
> about the order of the relation members when processing osm.pbf input?

Assuming that both the .osm and the .osm.pbf are exactly the same (ie
using osmosis to convert the .pbf to the .osm leads to an identical
file, except for header stuff), then any difference in the .img is a
mkgmap bug.

The last bug in this area was fixed in r1720.

Assuming you are using a later version, it may only show with a
particular option.  If you can't track it down and you can upload one of
the files and let me know the exact option list I can probably find it
fairly quickly.

..Steve