logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] RFE --merge-lines only from resolution X

From Johann Gail johann.gail at gmx.de on Mon Nov 1 20:07:17 GMT 2010

> Just for reference. I found the old thread:
> http://www.mail-archive.com/mkgmap-dev@lists.mkgmap.org.uk/msg03680.html

Thanks for searching the old thread. It is true, now I can remember too.
The problem was (and I think is) that the routing tables are generated
before the merging. So the displayed lines does not match the rounting
and pop up data. The solution would be to do the merging before creating
the routing tables. I would expect it to have some small positive effect
to the routing data too. But with the given structure of the code it is
not easy to implement.
> So if there is no way to correct it right (merge-lines before routing
> layer for resolution 24) - then I would support dropping merge-lines for
> resolution 24 and 22 by default (the error at 20 or 21 is much less
> apparent).

I'm sorry, but I will not have time the next weeks to investigate
deeper. As I have read from Steves comment, the merge line code should
not be called at resolution 24.
I would have to check again, but I think this was the solution for the
old thread. Not merging the lines at resolution 24 does not lead to
discrepancies to the routing data. So it should be checked, why this
code is executed at resolution 24.

Johann