logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] motorway_link not always oneway

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Tue Oct 26 21:52:20 BST 2010

On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 10:23:28PM +0200, Martin Simon wrote:
>-on many motorway_links (that i was aware of) people removed the
>"unneccessary" oneway=no tags in the following months

Did you consider adding note='this is oneway=no because the default for
motorway_link is oneway=yes'? :-)

Luckily, the motorway_links haven't been subject to an edit war in
Finland. There has been some edit war and debate regarding cycleways
(which IMO should be tagged as highway=path, segregated=yes/no,
bicycle=designated, foot=designated, moped=yes/no, surface=*,
lit=yes/no; others want it highway=cycleway, although the ways are
almost never marked with a bicycle traffic sign only).

As you can see from the above example, I prefer explicit tagging too. It
can be a bit overwhelming for beginners, but implied things and country
defaults are nasty for anything that tries to interpret the map data.

	Marko

PS: Any objections if the default style adds surface=paved to motorways
and motorway links? What does the Vienna convention say about motorways?
Does it require a paved surface?