logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] mkgmap:dead-end-check=false after refactoring Osm5XmlHandler

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Tue Oct 19 20:59:20 BST 2010

I had been using mkgmap r1701 for a long time. Today, I finally
upgraded, and now I am seeing lots of warnings for oneways coming from
or going to nowhere.

Before the OSM parser was refactored to accommodate the xml and pbf
parsers, the XML parser set the way attribute
mkgmap:dead-end-check=false when the start or end node of the way
carried a FIXME=* or fixme=* attribute. This would allow the suppression
of warnings for driveways. I would just set fixme=continue on the
appropriate endpoint. I would not want to "tag for a renderer" and add
mkgmap:dead-end-check=false to each of these ways.

How could this check be reinstated in the refactored parser, for both
XML and PBF? This code should be easy to find in the old XML-only OSM
parser: just look for currentWayStartsWithFIXME in Osm5XmlHandler.java.

	Marko