logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] cutTheOsmPlanet

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at gmail.com on Tue Oct 19 20:52:25 BST 2010

On 19.10.2010 21:48, Steve Ratcliffe wrote:
>> Well cgpsmapper needs no overlap on tile boundaries either, so it's
>> probably much more a fault in mkgmap than in the splitter...
>> Let's hope that Stan as promised open sources cgpsmapper by the end of
>> this year....
> mkgmap does not *need* overlap on tile boundaries.
>
> If you do not have overlaps, then you have to mark the boundary nodes
> in the input files - your splitter has to mark the nodes that it inserts
> on the boundary.
>
> This is exactly the same for cgpsmapper.
>
> ..Steve

Well the problem is that mkgmap does it incorrectly. Hence the max 2-3
tile routing in Mapsource. Also on the GPS it seems to me that on tile
boarders the GPS searches for new streets instead of continuing on the
old one. If you break up by 5-10m all streets on the tile boarders, the
routing on (at least old generation like Vista HCx) works as well as if
the road would continue directly. There is some special treatment that
cgpsmapper applies to nodes on tile borders, that mkgmap does not do
(and noone could find it so far)...