logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Missing ways part 1

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Mon Oct 18 19:44:27 BST 2010

On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 06:15:29PM +0100, Adrian wrote:
>I found that way 31799814 (79 nodes) was missing. This is a 57km
>section of the high-speed railway line between Lille and Paris. The way
>should have been split between tiles 63240002 and 63240004. The way is
>present in the file which was input to splitter. Why does the way go
>missing?

If I remember previous discussions correctly, splitter does not split
lines exactly at the tile border, but instead it includes all nodes that
are not too much outside the tile. An almost-straight long way can be
drawn with few nodes. You could help the situation by adding a point to
the line close to the splitting border. IIRC, I have done so somewhere
in Finland.

	Marko