logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Missing ways part 2

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Mon Oct 18 19:34:45 BST 2010

On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 06:20:03PM +0100, Adrian wrote:
>In my opinion, tagging with layer=-1 in that particular case is not
>wrong, but tagging long stretches with layer=-1 would be wrong. Looking
>at r1445 in the mailing list, it was clearly the intention to hide
>underground railways. In light of that, I suggest that the mkgmap
>default style might be modified to test for !(tunnel=yes) instead of
>!(layer<0), for all four types of railway.

Good idea.

Would you happen to have an idea how to tag (and in mkgmap) hide a
highway=service tunnel for accessing a railway tunnel? Here is an
example that I added some time ago:

Last time I was bicycling/mapping there, I got confused, because I
thought that there would be a connection between the highway=residential
(Kaskelanpolku) and the highway=secondary (Lahdentie). Of course, the
tunnel would not be considered for routing, because the ways share no
nodes, but the ways seemed to be connected on the map display.

	Marko