logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Strange request with later versions of mkgmap

From charlie at cferrero.net charlie at cferrero.net on Sun Oct 17 14:15:55 BST 2010

NopMap (ekkehart at gmx.de) wrote:

> Johann Gail wrote:
>>
>> I do not know, what causes this message. But I assume it is the question
>> if the device should route over streets (with routing information) or if
>> it should show only the straight line to the destination. This is was I
>> understand with 'beeline'. The line which flies a bee in the air.
>>

> Yes. The terms are clear. The device ask for street routing or a straight
> line. Which is strange as the map should not contain route information
> without --route. Right?
>
> bye

Are you sure that the GPS won't try to route even when there is no
routing info in the map?  I've got a vague memory (back when I didn't
know how to create a routable map) that my GPS still offered the
option to route to a POI even without routing info.

--
Charlie