logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Strange request with later versions of mkgmap

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Fri Oct 15 15:55:17 BST 2010

On Fri, Oct 15, 2010 at 10:38:20AM +0100, Paul wrote:
>I know you said you don't make routable maps but there is an option on
>my 605 to "Follow street" or "Off-road" - Maybe you're getting
>something similar

Likewise on the Edge 705, but I think that the option only exists for
bicycle and foot routing, not for car/motorcycle. The only use that I
have found for it is entertainment during train, boats or aeroplane
travel, for providing rough estimates of the arrival time. It can be set
in the Settings/Routing menu.

The setting is something like this: follow road? yes/no/prompt. The
Garmin-Finnish translation of that is "yes/no/quick", although it should
of course be "yes/no/ask". Garmin also thinks that units such as km/h
are "devices", and the options for the "device" of height are meters and
"miles" (I think it would be feet).

Best regards,

	Marko