logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Some bounderies shown as river

From Torsten Leistikow de_muur at gmx.de on Thu Oct 7 20:37:47 BST 2010

Josef Latt schrieb am 07.10.2010 20:03:
> That means that a tagging like this is false?

>     <tag k="boundary" v="administrative"/>

>     <tag k="waterway" v="river"/>

If the river itself is the boundary, then this tagging is ok.

But in such a case, you can't complain, that the boundary is shown as a river,
because the displayed element is a river as well as a boundary. So it is just a
matter of display priority.

>From your screenshot I can now guess, what you mean: There are also other ways
in the map, which are dislpayed as river, although they are only tagged as
boundary AND NOT as river at the same time?

If this is the case, I would guess, that the complete boundary is made up out of
a multipolygon.

In this case the multipolygon tagging seems to be faulty. Either all outer ways
must be tagged the same (this can not be, since one part is tagged as a river,
while other parts shouldn't be rivers), or the tag values for the multipolygon
must be placed on the relation instead of the outer ways (this is also not done
in the example, since the boundary tag is on the way and not on the relation).

Gruss
Torsten