logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] basic search

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Mon Sep 20 19:37:53 BST 2010

On Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 10:24:55PM +0400, Maks Vasilev wrote:
>What way to create basic address and POI search in map created with mkgmap?
>
>OSM data have tag  in addr:* shema
>(http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:addr), map created with --make-poi-
>index and --index, but search in garmin not work.

Which Garmin? The Edge 705, GPSMap 60CSx and possibly many older models
do not need either option.

As far as I understand, the mkgmap --index option produces "half-cooked"
files that must be transferred by MapSource to the device. Once that is
done, the search should work. Others can hopefully chime in; I have
never used MapSource.

Best regards,

	Marko