logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Show direction in contours (patch)

From Petteri Aimonen jpa at mkgmap.mail.kapsi.fi on Sun Sep 19 21:08:16 BST 2010

Hi,

I had an idea to show the direction of the slope in elevation data
contours. To implement this, I made a small modification in DEM.java so
that contours are always created in the same direction:
http://koti.kapsi.fi/jpa/stuff/other/patch-contour-direction

Then I just used the bitmap mode in the TYP editor to make small arrows
that point downwards:
http://koti.kapsi.fi/jpa/stuff/pix/contours.jpg

This patch could be added to the main branch, and the TYP file then
specifies whether to use arrows or not. Currently the contours start in
random direction depending on the shape of the area.

--
Petteri Aimonen

PS: Thanks for the great program!