logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] missing coastline polygon lately

From maning sambale emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com on Thu Sep 9 05:20:37 BST 2010

I extracted the coastline ways with osmosis and loaded them in JOSM.
No other data except the Philippine coasts.  There are two unconnected
coastlines which I corrected.  Apparently a portion of the way was
used in a multipolygon relation.  I don't think this is the culprit
because other islands should be rendered even if one coastline wasn't
closed.

I then updated mkgmap to the latest svn but no sea polygons either.

On Wed, Sep 8, 2010 at 7:26 PM, maning sambale
<emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Marko,
>
> Thanks for the explanation.  I've checked my old builds and there
> aren't any data outside the Philippines.
> I'll check the latest extract if there by getting only the coastlines
> ways using osmosis and josm.
>

> On Wed, Sep 8, 2010 at 3:03 PM, Marko Mäkelä <marko.makela at iki.fi> wrote:
>> Dear Maning,

>>>I think it is, the Philippines is an island/archipelagic country:
>>>
>>>http://osm.org/go/4y4z4--
>>
>> What matters is the map extract that you are using. If it contains
>> half-cut islands from, say, Indonesia, then mkgmap may have problems
>> with that.

>>>Do you mean using splitter?  I am not using splitter at the moment
>>>since the data is small enough as one img.
>>
>> No, I mean the map extract that I can download from
>> http://download.geofabrik.de/osm/europe/. To my knowledge, it is cut by
>> Osmosis, using a cutting polygon. I requested the polygon from Frederik
>> and adjusted it a little, so that all of the Finnish administrative
>> boundary was included in the extract and all lake multipolygons near the
>> border were intact.
>>
>> I do use splitter to split the map extract further (currently into 6
>> tiles), but that is a separate issue.
>>
>>        Marko
>>

> --
> cheers,