logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Address search partially working on nüvi

From Carlos Dávila cdavilam at jemila.jazztel.es on Mon Sep 6 09:13:25 BST 2010

It has be reported several times in the list that address search doesn't
work on nuvi 300 (spell country problem). I have recently built a map
that includes Portugal, Spain, Switzerland and part of France, Italy and
Germany. For my surprise, some countries are found by nuvi and I can go
ahead with the address search. This is the list of countries that can be
searched:
Type S, finds Schweiz, Suisse, Suiza, Svizzera
Type F finds France, Francia
Type I finds Italia
Type D finds Deutschland
Type A finds Alemania
Type L finds Liechtenstein
O: Österreich
Some other countries that are in the map can't be found as Portugal,
Spain-España.
I'm now out of home for some holidays and can't put the map available to
download till next week, in case some of mkgmap gurus want to dig into
it to look for what does this map work.