logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Display motorway exits name correctly

From Dermot McNally dermotm at gmail.com on Fri Sep 3 15:54:21 BST 2010

2010/9/3 Carlos Dávila <cdavilam at orangecorreo.es>:

> exit_to is a recently (June 2010) introduced tag for motorway_junctions
> and I didn't know it. I'm afraid most people have tagged
> motorway_junction name with what now is intended to go in exit_to tag,
> so there will be some confusion on it for some time.
> Anyway, my question is still valid, now for exit_to tag.

I don't think so - if people have used the name tag for this, they
shouldn't have, and the solution to broken data is to repair it. As to
the exit_to tag, I can't see any good reason to display it on a
standard map. It's more useful for navigation instructions.

Dermot